Thankyou to everyone who has contacted us about the big branch that has come down on the old golf course in the winds.
The Sandall Park Angling Club (SPAC) yesterday spent three hours clearing litter from the North Bank of the lake.
A great piece of work from Team SPAC as that area is very difficult for our own volunteers to get to. Can we say big thankyou from FoSP and well done.
The playground on Barnby Dun Road is to get a refurb. Some current equipment will be replaced by new kit due to it having reached its sell by date and may become dangerous.
1. The current ‘spiders web’ will be a replaced by a rope cone that spins round;
2. The roundabout will be replaced by a ‘dish’ that is suitable for the less able;
3. There will be a ‘Jetski on a spring’;
4. Two new seats within the area;
5. The red safety matting will be covered with a green grassmat type safety covering.
It should all look pretty good when completed and should be sorted by Easter. There may a little inconvenience while the work is being carried out – so please be patient.
The live interview with BBC Radio Sheffield went ahead and we managed to get our point across (I think).
Our thanks, yet again, to BBC Radio Sheffield for contacting us about an issue that is dear to our hearts.
CLICK HERE to listen to our part of the extended article on litter in the community.
Volunteers spent a full day in the park today planting trees supplied by the new angling club.
18 trees in all made up of Beech, Maple and Holly – and pretty hard work it was too… but it’s all sorted now.